Sunday, April 15, 2012

"Bottle of Big Gulp Please"


Taking in an off-site lunch this past Saturday with co-workers at a nice cafeteria style restaurant offered some differences in culture (of course).  Great BBQ with many different cuts of meat being roasted and one guy constantly turning the fare.  He also removed your choice of meat and sliced hot pieces off for your plate---gringo that I am I just point to what looks good but I do know my manners;  "Obrigado!"  Another difference was the overwhelming drink selection so I chose the safe route and selected "Coca-Cola".  Everyone at the table agreed that it was a great selection and my friend Wendell ordered.  Upon arrival, the waitress sported the huge glass 1 liter in the photo and began pouring the soda into small glasses.  Wendell told me that there was a local bottler that picked up, washed and refilled the glass bottles.  It was hard to explain that in America we use almost exclusively plastic and aluminum, how our distribution and recycling systems work (or not), etc.

Note:  Wendell is a technical type and wanted to be sure everyone viewing the photo had a reference for size---that is his hand and mechanical pencil.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment