Monday, July 1, 2013

As my friend Igor says..."Aliens in my camera!"



On a recent trip to the Sahara desert in Africa, my friend Igor's camera developed spots in his photos.  We both agreed that dust had some how gotten into his camera.  He jokingly referred to this as "Aliens in my camera!"  At that time, my camera showed no ill effects of the ever present dust.  However a few weeks later on a visit to Alaska, "aliens" invaded my camera as well.  Here is a zoomed photo of part of the Denali range with the different spots on the photo.


When I got home I of course did what I usually have done with things in the past...I took the camera apart :)  After removing lots of tiny screws, numerous ribbon cables and the liberal application of a can of newly acquired compressed air---the "alien" invasion has been repelled for now.  The sensor in the camera was indeed covered in tiny dust motes I suspect from Africa as well.  The photo I took shows an up close flash photo of a blank sheet of paper---with the nose of the camera in the lower left corner.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment