Monday, September 14, 2009

Windows Redux

While I was in a local big box DIY store looking at exterior moulding, an older sales associate approached asking if he could help. I told him I had found what I was looking for and explained some of what I was doing. The associate looked up and down the aisle and I thought I was going to get an offer to have the work done but he told me that there was something he wanted me to look at and walked further down the aisle. I followed and was shown another rack of moulding but this time the shapes were extruded PVC. Awesome stuff. Comes in the same shapes, a bit more expensive than paint grade wood but otherwise functionally the same but without the rot. I am holding a 2x2 in the photo as I begin to rebuild my sill plate. Other than keeping future handymen in business, this has to be the way to go for exterior trim when building a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment