Saturday, October 26, 2013

Small Engine Repair 101


A couple of small, nondescript boxes hanging out in the kitchen.  Heck, I couldn't tell for sure what was actually in the boxes without opening them.  The Spanish words look to be the English equivalent of what one would find on these types of products.....quality, new, original, etc.



No, these are not for my Mini---but almost the right size.  Time for a bit of work on the riding mower.  Suspect the starter is the issue but the solenoid was only $7 and cheap insurance while I am working on the starting circuit.



Gee, a bit dusty under the hood but its almost the end of the season here.  Fairly straightforward replacement though the starter was a pain with very tight access to the bolts (torx!?).
 

Weak return spring did not allow the starter to disengage completely--wore the brushes out?  Cleaned things up a bit, removed the rust off the flywheel, checked the dual magneto gaps and now I'm back in the lawn mowing/leaf mulching business again!!!

Never thought I'd thank dad for getting that wheel puller and Briggs & Stratton manual back during my impressionable years.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment