Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sleeping in Seattle








It was a long, busy week in the Pacific Northwest these past few days. I had anticipated being able to update the blog from the hotel where the meetings were held but they wanted $10 a day to surf the net. The weather was typical Seattle--gray overcast, raining and drizzily but Friday afternoon the sky opened up and the sun started shining. This morning, on the way back to Nevada, I made a few suprise observations. First was that Mt. Rainier is really big in comparison to his neighbors. Truly dominates the southern view from Seattle. I include a few googled photos as my camera was packed in the suitcase.

Another thing I noticed by accident on the flight back---I think I'm one of the few people that leave nose prints on the windows. Mt. St. Helens isn't really all that far from Seattle as ash flies. Prevailing winds definitely helped with the violent eruption in 1980. You can still easily see the results of the explosion nearly 30 years later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment